There are some things we do not need to face alone
Some of our children face situations that go beyond what is expected of most kids and teenagers: some of our kids are faced with trying to understand and cope with the impact and aftermath of sexual violence that is happening in their lives or that has happened in their lives in the past. The Golden Family Center offers help for your child or teenager and we also offer support to you, as their parent, so that you can be there for your kids.
Is this service for you?
Has your child has been sexually abused? Is your child acting out sexually?
The Sexual Abuse Intervention Program (SAIP) provides two types of services:
- Specialized assessment and treatment services to children and youth under the age of 19 who have been sexually abused. It also provides support to their families or caregivers.
- Specialized assessment, treatment, and consultation services for children under 12 years of age who have sexual behaviour problems, even when there is no clarity around the cause of the behaviours. It also provides support to their families or caregivers.
- Youth can access services on their own, if they feel ready. Check our page on Confidentiality
How we work
- Your child or teen’s counsellor will work with you and/or your child or teen to identify issues and concerns, strengths and resources, and to help determine counselling goals.
- We use Art Therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy and Play Therapy to support children and youth to express themselves in a safe and healthy way
- We help kids understand that they are not responsible for the abusive actions of others
- We work on safety planning and healthy boundaries
- We can refer your child or teen to other related services, when appropriate.
- One-to-one, family, and group support available